- IARC endeavors to promote excellence in the training and practice of Respiratory Therapy by competent and qualified respiratory therapists for the alleviation of suffering of those with respiratory ailments.
IARC shall accomplish its mission by the following objectives:
- Foster the practice of Respiratory Therapy of high caliber, with compassion for the relief of suffering of those with a variety of respiratory ailments, within and outside the intensive care units.
- Promoting high quality formal training in institutions that have the necessary infrastructure.
- Facilitate continuing education by holding conferences, meetings, workshops etc. to hone the skills of the practicing Respiratory Therapists.
- Engage in advocacy for the promotion of the field of respiratory therapy within the medical fraternity, with the various governmental/statutory bodies and the public.
- Unite and enlist respiratory therapists of India as members of the association and solicit their support to achieve the objectives of the association.